Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Happy birthday Mr. Wilson




December 28. And it's Woodrow Wilson's birthday.  Who is Woodrow Wilson?  He was the 28th President of the United States and he was in the White House from 1913-1921.  I don't actually know a LOT about him - but this much I found out - the important thing - like whether or not he had a dog.  Apparently during his early days as POTUS, he had a cat named Puffin and he ALSO had chickens, sheep and a Ram named Old Ike.  At the end of his term, he became owned by a Bull Terrier named Bruce.  He reportedly grew up with a Greyhound, named Mountain Boy, and one source said he also had an Airedale terrier name Davie in his pre-White House days.  So he did like dogs - but didn't have lots of them.  And no PON.  Or Picard.  There is a quote attributed to Wilson about dogs - and I think it is very true:  “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.”

I think I can add to his quote..
"because you have clearly not given the dog enough food in his bowl."
"because you have stopped throwing the toy after only 489 times."
"because you have not let the wet dog on the bed with you."
"because you have insisted on grooming him - when he is happy looking messy."

I won't make any comments about looking the current President-elect in the face...I'm trying hard to stay on the "nice"list.  Besides.  He doesn't even HAVE a dog...I'll just leave it at that...

We are excited because my human's mother is coming today to stay with us for a few days. She is very generous with bananas.  But we must be on our BEST behavior.  NO jumping.  I won't say her age - I just know it's like 86 plus one.  She's bringing her new iPad.  I'll make sure to download some dog apps for her.

Have a great Wednesday.  And happy birthday Mr. Wilson!

No comments:

Post a Comment