Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Another Vik-Advisor!


Time for another Vik-Advisor.  Today we’ll talk about my FAVORITE thing to do – AND one of my FAVORITE toys.

As some of you know, I love to obsessifetch  (v.  the action of retrieving.  Over and over and over and OVER again.  Until the human’s arm can no longer throw the ball or toy.)  Tennis balls are great – but I REALLY love a toy that I can carry.  So my human bought the Chuckit Amphibious Bumper.   http://www.caninehardware.com I LOVE catching this thing mid-air and it is soft and light to carry.  It’s also easy to throw for an uncoordinated human like mine – although one of them WAS stuck on the roof for a few weeks until it eventually blew down in a windstorm.  But she GENERALLY can toss it pretty far.  

We need to have two of any fetch toys so when we race back with one, she can get ready to throw the next – and more importantly, it causes us (well me) to drop it without MUCH of a tug-of-war. Frodo automatically drops his – and Paxton well he just doesn’t come back. 

So I LOVE my Chuckit.  The only problem – my Chuckit doesn’t love me.  Below you will see a photo of our current Chuckits.  It’s almost time for my human to chuck it – into the garbage.  So although I LOVE this toy…I can only give it a 2.5 PAWS rating – it needs to hold up better.  And that’s NOT with us lying around and chewing on it – we don’t get to have the bumpers when we’re not retrieving.  



Despite their low rating,  I still DO have them on my Christmas list, because they ARE the best bumpers we have used SO far.  We also have the hard bumpers my human used to use years ago when she did field training with her Lab – but I’m not CRAZY about them.  I mean I’ll bring it back….but I like a softer version.  So.  The Chuckit is still on the list! Unless Santa finds us a different type…Hint.  Hint.

©  2014  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment