Monday, December 22, 2014

The Christmas bath.


It was inevitable.  I knew it was coming. I just didn’t know when.  The Christmas bath.



As you may recall, Paxton had his a few weeks ago.  His was early because of the swamp encounter. I was starting to think that perhaps Frodo and I had escaped the customary cleansing of the canines, because time was running short.  You know Christmas is a BIG deal when a bath is in the schedule.  I guess we need to smell nice when Santa arrives – if we even let him in. 



My human was kind of tricky yesterday – throwing me off the plan.  We had a great run in the morning and then we had to be sequestered while she scrubbed the kitchen floor.  Now THAT is a futile endeavor.  I give it until Tuesday before you won’t even be able to tell that she painstakingly scrubbed all the grout on her hands and knees.  Let’s see what it looks like after the big guy runs through the garden beds.  It’s kind of sad to watch a grown woman cry.



But anyway, after the marathon floor cleaning, I NEVER dreamed that a bath would be on the agenda.  I mean, who would THINK that our human would still have the energy after the floor to tackle ME.  I had a feeling something was up when I saw her stacking up some towels.  We have a grooming station in our garage – including our very own tub.  When she opened the door for me to go in, at first I thought I was just going to get a brushing.  When I realized the REAL plan, I made a dash for it.  Running around the room.  Our human tried to call me and even tried to entice me with a treat – but I KNEW what was coming.  She finally managed to catch me on one of my run-bys and that was it – in the tub I went.



To tell you the truth…I actually don’t MIND a bath.  Frodo told me NOT to like it – so I pretend it’s awful, but it’s not ALL that bad.  At first I don’t like the supersonic jet engine dryer that is strong enough to blow a Papillon off the table, but after attempting to eat it for the first 10 seconds, I then sit back and enjoy the pampering.  Here are some shots of me at various stages of beautification.



 So now you KNOW my human is going to limit my walks to “on leash” exercise.  Not a CHANCE she wants to bathe me again.  And besides – she still has Frodo, the drama king left.  There will be much complaining from him – although he WILL settle down.  He just likes to put on a show.


3 more sleeps until Santa arrives!  I’m all ready.  And I SMELL marvelous!



©  2014 Linda Wozniak


No comments:

Post a Comment