Tuesday, December 9, 2014

These boots were made for walking...


Time for another Vik-Advisor review.  In continuing our apparel discussion, let’s talk about accessories.  You may have noticed in the photo in our last review in which we discussed body suits, that Frodo was wearing boots.

Our human has tried a NUMBER of different kinds of boots over the years.  Leather boots.  Boots of Gortex with Velcro straps.  And none of them work like PAWZ. 

Their website is:

PAWZ are cool.  They look like balloons and are made of biodegradable rubber.  They come 12 to a pack, which according to my calculator, is 3 sets.  So here are the pros and cons:

Cons:
·      They DO wear out even if your nails are NOT long - after a few wears.
·      They are initially a bit tricky to get on.
·      When you put them on the FIRST time – you will walk like all your legs are frozen.  But within a few minutes, it is NO problem. That actually happens with most boots.
Pros:
·      They stay on quite well.  You can run around, and they don't fall off like other boots.
·      They are great for protecting your feet from salt in the winter.
·      They come in 3 sets to a box– so even if one rips, it’s not like you have to go out and buy a whole new set. 
·      They come in flashy colors – by size.  In the photo I am wearing a large.  In the photo in my last review, Frodo was wearing a medium.  But for ease when putting them on, a large is better.  Paxton takes an extra large. Don't get them too big, though - because then they WILL come off.
·      It looks like on their home page that if you put in your address,  you can find out where you can buy them locally.  Unless you live in Togo, Afghanistan, or Zaire.  They don’t appear to sell them there.

Last year, Paxton had a cut on his paw.  He even had some surgery to see if there was anything stuck in his paw.  There wasn’t.  But after the surgery, his paw had to be bandaged – and it needed to stay dry.  My human was sooooooooo happy she had those PAWZ.

So……I give PAWZ a rating of… 4 PAWS!!!  I would give them 5, but as I mentioned, they DO wear out.  But the cost is not bad – so I wouldn’t let that keep me from buying them.  Well – I mean my human from buying them.  She’s the one with the cash.  And the credit card.  I’ve actually applied for one.  Waiting for it to come in…

©  2014  Linda Wozniak



2 comments:

  1. Yes, booties are annoying (Orion says) and this one is good !! They sell by set of 4 (meaning, if one is wripped I will have one paw free) ,,,,, and is about $10 in Japan !! But I know Mom is going to get a set this X'mas. Otherwise I have ikura on paws and they hurt me !! Well, let's see what Santa is preparing for you !! With love from Orion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Orion. I think you will like these boots. I'm anxious to see what Santa will be bringing for me - IF I am good! Licks and hugs form Viktor.

    ReplyDelete