Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas photos...Falalalala...NOT


The obligatory Christmas photos.  That time of year when humans torture us as payback for anything bad we have done all year – by making us wear Santa hats – or God forbid, those dreaded antlers.



Well, my human is just like the rest.  She dashed off to the Dollar store yesterday and found the blasted antlers.  The photo you see is one of 42,000 shots taken.  She also bought these red collars with white balls hanging along the edges. And that’s a joke too.  I think that the people who manufacture stuff for the Dollar Store have a lopsided view of dog sizes.  I mean really.  A size LARGE at the Dollar Store is for a fat chihuahua.  So just TRY and put one of those stretchy red collars around Paxton’s neck.  The poor guy could hardly breathe throughout the photo shoot.  And then you couldn’t even SEE the collars on us.  Money WELL spent. Not.



The ONLY way our human got ANY shots was to carry a couple of pieces of meat with her.  That kept us somewhat interested in the whole fiasco.  What was funny was that Frodo, aka “Mr. Serious,” got right into the whole thing.  He didn’t mind the antlers much at all.  Paxton and I – well – both of us just wanted to rip them off each other – and below is a shot of Paxton doing just that. At the end of the photo shoot- which I might add - WE put an end to, I got a hold of one of the antlers and took off with it.  I growled at anyone who tried to take it from me.  I wanted to destroy it – so there was no chance my human would try this again – with a different backdrop!



I must admit, we DID manage to get a couple of cute one-on-one photos of Frodo and me – which I’ll be sharing later.  Paxton?  He HATES the indignity of the whole staged photo thing – so all the shots of him are not great.  He looks like he just realized Santa isn’t real.



I have no doubt that our human is not through with the Christmas photos yet.  And we’ll tolerate them as best we can – because we DO want those presents.  But DON’T expect us to smile…and beware – we WILL get back at you for this….







©  2014 Linda Wozniak


No comments:

Post a Comment