Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The gift.


Well the preparations for the big day are almost done.  Frodo had his bath yesterday and when he came out the grooming room, Paxton and I pretended we didn’t know him. He looks amazing – and smells 100% better.  Not that he was THAT stinky – but he is definitely easier to be around.



My human did some last minute running around and I saw her helping Santa with some wrapping.  We watched from the other room – because as we know, we DO like to shred things – at least Pax and I do – so my human didn’t want to be battling our stealing behavior while she was doing what she calls “ her least favorite task in the world” – gift wrapping.  She LOVES to buy presents – and LOVES to surprise people with presents – but the wrapping part – well….it’s not pretty.  Which suddenly got me to thinking – WHAT CAN WE GET OUR HUMAN FOR CHRISTMAS???!!!!!!



Holy moly.  I spent all this time working out MY list…and WHAT am I going to get her????  I don’t have any cash – and the credit card hasn’t come in yet. So- what to do????  I discussed it with Pax and Fro – and we figure there are LOTS of dogs in our situation.  So what to do….



And then I came up with an idea – and YOU and your dogs can do it too!!!  I’m calling it “paw it forward for Christmas.”  We canines don’t have the money to buy gifts – but instead – we CAN give you something that costs NOTHING – and that YOU can pass on too!  Smiles.  It’s all about smiles.  For us canines,  and you can quote me... ”a wag is a smile turned sideways”.  Despite our sometimes naughty behavior, we DO adore you humans.  And we can show it by a big WAG.  A huge wag.  Which is our smile -turned sideways.  That’s our gift.  And then you humans can paw it forward  - by smiling at someone else.  Someone you don’t know.  Someone on the street.  In a store.  On the bus.  At the doctor’s office.  Just smile.  And think how great it is that your dog started this chain of happiness.  And that, besides our never-ending devotion and our steadfast admiration – would be the PERFECT Christmas gift.  Think about it…And if anyone asks why are you smiling – tell them your dog told you to.  And so did Viktor.  Viktor the PON.








©  2014  Linda Wozniak






1 comment:

  1. My PON puppy, Taz, got us dirty carpets this year for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete