Saturday, December 20, 2014

Naughty.


OK.  Funny.  Very funny.  ANOTHER Christmas photo.  My human thought this was a cute idea.  Getting us to pose for these things may SEEM like a simple task…but guess again.  And you can see that yours truly even tried to eat his sign. Frodo and I were both vying for the NICE seat on the bench – but Frodo obviously won. ..

To make up for this photo, my human took ME with her to run some errands yesterday.  First we had to pick up a HUGE box at the courier office – I THINK it’s the indestructible dog bed!!! When my human opened the car door to load it, I decided I should check out the territory.  I’m usually very good at staying in the vehicle, until I am allowed out. But yesterday,  I just tried to sneak right by my human.  But don’t worry that I would EVER get out – my human IS smarter than I think.  One of the problems of having long hair is that your human can grab you quite easily as she is reaching for your collar.  I did not attempt to go exploring on subsequent stops – unless invited!

Next stop was my human’s office.  She is technically “off” for the holidays, but she still had to go in to do a bit of work and to pick something up.  It’s been a while since I was in the office – and taking the elevator WAS a surprise.  But it was fine.  Then I got to meet some of her colleagues.  For SOME reason, some of them knew MY name – but I didn’t know theirs.  How embarrassing.  I was so embarrassed that I even ducked away when they tried to pet me.  I do that the first 5 minutes after I meet someone.  After that, we’re generally good.  Especially if they give me treats that somehow my human always carries.  Anyway, it was nice to meet them and to put faces to the names…

I was quite comfortable in the office while my human did some work on her computer...



Next stop. The pharmacy.  I couldn’t go in there, so watched the traffic from the car.  Last stop the VET.  My human needed to pick up something for Paxton – and I got to go in and be weighed.  I sat on the scale like a statue.  My human thought I was being good – but I was actually FROZEN because I was wondering what I was doing there!  I was THRILLED to go back to the car afterwards.  Our regular Vet wasn’t in.  Probably still on the Round-the-World tour paid for by Paxton’s surgery.  The new wing on the Vet clinic that Paxton built is really quite nice too.  JUST JOKING.  Sort of. 

When I got home, the other boys were totally jealous.  Sometimes being NAUGHTY pays off!


©  2014  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment