Friday, June 19, 2015

Sauntering.


June 19. Today is World Sauntering Day.  Suantering is walking in a slow, unhurried manner.  That is NOT a word that would be used to describe me.  I do NOT saunter.  EVER.  The best word to describe MY walking would be frenetic.  I am FAST.  Energetic.  I am the opposite of a saunterer.  And the COMPLETE opposite of Frodo.  Frodo is the KING of Sauntering.  He has this easy, lovely way of walking – our neighbor described him as “gliding”.  He ambles and strolls along.  Me?  The Hurricane Kid.  Sniff here.  Race there.  Chase birds.  Retrieve 1000 times and never stop.  Frodo?  He glides along peacefully.  When he retrieves, he runs out to get the toy and casually lops along as he comes back. 



Paxton is neither frenetic nor saunterer.  He is somewhere in between.  Kind of like freight train meets molasses.  With legs flying every which way.  I love the big guy, but graceful is NOT his middle name.



So today is Frodo’s Day.  King Saunter.  



I hope you all have time to try some sauntering of your own today!  Have a good one!





©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment