Friday, June 26, 2015

Take your dog to work. Not.


June 26.  OK.  I must confess.  I am annoyed with my human.  Do you know what day it is?  It is “Take your Dog to Work Day”.  And she won’t take me. Or any of us for that matter.

Yes.  She HAS taken me to work in the past.  Usually when she has a day off and she has to run in the office for something.  The last time she did, I acted all shy when I was meeting people.  I didn’t LOVE the elevator, but I did go on it – and I was QUITE happy to get off.  I was quiet as a mouse in her office.  Unlike Frodo – who went in once and barked whenever anyone came to the office door.  That was HIS last visit.  And Paxton got to go once too – after one of his surgeries – and he was wearing the cone of shame.  My human didn’t trust him at home the first day after surgery – so she took him to the office with her.  He was a pretty imposing creature – 100+lbs of dog wearing a lampshade.  AND he gets incredibly excited when he sees people.  Picture THAT.  That was also HIS only visit.

Right now my human is very, very busy at work.  And the idea of taking any of us in to work is just too much to imagine.  She says that we could not double as therapy dogs – anyone who spends any time with us then NEEDS therapy.   She’s lucky today is Friday – she can make it up to us on the weekend.

Have fun all you dogs who go to work today.  I am so jealous…

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment