Thursday, June 18, 2015

Splurge


June 18.  Today is National Splurge Day. If I could – what would I buy?  Dog food.  Of course.  That really goes without saying.  And treats.  Lots of treats.  Since I would be splurging, I would even go to the Doggie Bakery and buy those treats that cost like $100 each.  Well – maybe not THAT much.  But enough that my human doesn’t buy them because she says we eat too quickly – and we don’t really appreciate them.  But since I’m splurging, I’ll get some and throw in a dozen pupcakes too.

What else? I would buy another one of the Kuranda dog beds.  Remember our history in destroying every dog bed known to mankind?  Until we got the Kuranda?  Well – it is STILL in one piece – and each of us uses it.  Frodo tries in vain to ball up the fleece cover that is attached to the four legs.  Until my human shouts “Stop it.” And NO one has chewed any part of it.  Mind you, the legs ARE made of metal.  But as I said – the fleece is still intact.  So I would get two more of those beds – so that we can EACH have one.  And then we don’t have to share.

What else?  How about a new cart for Paxton?  A wagon.  So he can pull Frodo and I around.  The cart he has right now is too small for both of us.

Oh.  And some new chew bones.  Forget the fact that we have a huge container with more bones than we could chew in a year.  We might as well get just a couple more.  So we have more to spread out all over the house immediately after my human puts them away.

What else?  Some new collars.  A dog can never have too many collars.  But skip the raincoats.  And the boots.

More retrieving toys.  I LOVE to retrieve.  The more toys, the better.

Oh – and of course – the GoPro camera!!!!!! I almost forgot that one!!!!  I also still want an iPawd so I can watch doggie YouTube videos.   Or I could just get an iPhone.  No – I’ll get both.

So that’s the splurge plan.  ONE small problem.  I don’t EXACTLY have the cash.  Maybe my human will give me a loan. Or she'll let me use her credit card.   Then again.  She already buys most the stuff I listed.  OK – maybe SHE should go out and splurge…I bet she’ll like THAT idea! And I give her my permission.

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment