Sunday, June 7, 2015

Water Torture


My human refers to it as Polish Water Torture.  The painstaking process of taking two PONs out to poop.  In the rain.

We KNEW yesterday morning when she came out of the garage with the dreaded raincoats, that our much-awaited Saturday morning romp was going to be a bit different than we had expected.  

I begrudgingly put on the flashy blue coat.  I stood there like I was in a trance.  Frodo attempted to make a run for it – but was quickly corralled.  He had to wear the ill-fitting 70’s style plaid coat. 

The door was opened and we both stood like statues in the open doorway.  Usually we both attempt to BOLT out.  Not yesterday.  My human kept saying “Let’s go.  Let’s go.”  We both stared at the puddles ahead – and the rain coming down and would NOT move.  My human had to push us out the door.

I didn’t used to be THIS bad about the rain – but my older brother has taught me well.  Paxton, on the other hand could not care less – he likes any weather – rain, hail, sleet, snow – it’s all the same to him.  But we Polish princes do NOT appreciate damp conditions.  My human marvels at photos on-line of other PONs enjoying water and puddles.  Not us.

The only bright spot in the soggy walk was that we both pooped QUICKLY – even wearing our attire.  Sometimes wearing attire slows the process – but not yesterday. We both wanted to go back home as quickly as possible. 

The good news?  The sun is SHINING today.  All is wonderful with the world.  Although I DID hear something about being brushed today….Time to hide.

Oh but before I close - my horse came in third yesterday. But the big news - American Pharoah won - and he won the Triple Crown.  The first horse to win it since 1978.  But really  - what would you expect - he had a jockey named Victor!

Have a good one!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment