Sunday, June 28, 2015

The art of "picnore"


Good heavens.  She’s at it again.  The human "joy" of taking photos of us dogs in ridiculous attire.  It started with the dreaded Halloween headbands with the pumpkins.  Then there were the dreaded Christmas antlers. And then the New Years stars.   And of course we had the headbands with the Valentine hearts too.  Once we had to wear the Easter rabbit ears, I thought we were in the clear for this year.  But no.  I forgot Canada Day.  And of course, I saw my human with a big bag from the Dollar Store the other day.  Sure enough.  A “wonderful” surprise for us canines. The obligatory photo shoot was yesterday.  4,760 shots taken.  The reason for the unusually HUGE number?  I refused to look at the camera.  TOTAL picnore.  For those who don’t recall that term – it’s a Viktionary term by yours truly – and it refers to that unique canine behavior of ignoring our humans when they try to take our photo.  As you may recall, Pax and I are PROS at it.  Frodo, the “model” dog always behaves for photos.  And as expected, Frodo behaved wonderfully and stared at the camera.  Pax and I looked at trees, birds, dust particles flying in the air…We counted blades of grass and looked for shapes in the clouds passing overhead. 

I have to hand it to my human – she’s as stubborn as I am!  So she DID get one or two good shots. You’ll see the best results of the 4000+ photos on Wednesday. 

PLEASE tell me there are no more “holidays” until the fall….


©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment