Monday, March 28, 2016

3 Reasons to celebrate




It's Easter Monday.  Which means...it's Dyngus Day! The end of lent and time for celebration.  It's a holiday in Poland and in some US cities - Dyngus Day is a BIG party day.  My human's hometown of Buffalo, New York calls itself the Dyngus Day Capitol of the World.   Everyone is Polish on Dyngus Day.  There is eating, and parades and dancing - and I am told people may even have the odd drink.  The custom says that on Dyngus Day,  boys are allowed to throw water at girls and "hit" them with pussy willows.  But not to worry - the next day the girls are supposed to do the same to the boys - and they can even throw dishes at them.  Yet another example of how humans are strange.  I mean what an "interesting" courtship ritual.  But hey - it's a great reason to party!

And besides Dyngus Day, we have ANOTHER reason to celebrate today.  It's my human's mother's BIRTHDAY.  It wouldn't be appropriate to share her age, but let's just say it's somewhere between 86 and 88.  Because I am her favorite grand-dog - or I like to think I am, I want to wish her a super day - with extra licks and tail wags. I know she reads my blog, after she checks her email and Facebook every day.  Yes, she uses her computer - a LOT.  How cool is that?!  She's quite the octogenarian!

I didn't find the bunny yesterday - but we did have a good romp outside in the afternoon.  And guess what?!  Paxton is starting to eat more!!!  Now he's still not feeling 100%, but he is definitely feeling better.  So yet ANOTHER reason to celebrate!

Well time to put on some polka music and see if I can find some krupnik somewhere. Apparently there is a shortage of the 80-proof honey liqueur in Buffalo - but I'm SURE those Buffalonians will find a substitution!  Sto Lat!




No comments:

Post a Comment