Thursday, March 24, 2016

Another day of prayers....please...


Today is the day that Paxton goes to the Vet again.  This time they will take a look around and see if they can figure out why he isn't feeling well.  He wasn't allowed to have anything to eat or drink after midnight last night.  Talk about torture.  No breakfast.  A PON's worst nightmare.  Actually ANY skipped meal is a PON's worst nightmare.

My human is dropping him off on her way to work.  Not that she will get much work done - waiting by the phone.  And Frodo and I will be anxiously awaiting news at home.  Chances are good he will be wearing the cone of shame when he gets home.  

It's a good thing my human is off for the next four days.  She can baby him - and of course play multiple games with Frodo and I while Pax sleeps.  Yesterday morning we all played the "let's get up at 4AM game" - just because.  My human woke up because Pax was standing and breathing in her face - so she thought he needed to go out.  She quickly got dressed, and yet by the time she did, he was fast asleep.  She took him out anyway.  He didn't REALLY need to go.  But then Frodo and I wanted to go.  First Frodo and then me.  UNFORTUNATELY, I had a rather awkward accident - the horrible cling-ons.  I didn't even want to walk home.  I was walking like a cowboy who just got off a LONG trail ride.  So at 4:25 yesterday morning, I was getting a rather unwelcome half-bath.  With the back half of me being scrubbed.  After THAT was done, my human realized she had forgotten to put out the garbage the night before - so she loaded cans into the vehicle and drove them up to the road.  All before 4:50AM.  Of course Frodo and I then wanted breakfast - but she said "NO WAY" - and she went back to bed for a half hour.  The woman has no stamina.

So today we await news on our big brother.  Please say a prayer to Saint Roch - the patron saint of dogs - or Saint Francis - patron saint of animals.   I think those guys have an "in" with the BIG guy.  Paws crossed we have some good news tomorrow....

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment