Thursday, March 31, 2016

OK. I confess...


OK.  I confess.  I was bad.  I mean I might as well confess - because, after all, I was caught red handed - or should I say, red pawed.  My badness streak was actually on Tuesday.  I did SEVERAL naughty things.  Starting in the morning...

First off, I have decided that it is GREAT fun to stare out the window and bark - if the bunny is there - or even if I THINK he is out there somewhere.  So while my human was getting her breakfast, I stood and barked and growled.  At nothing.  Sending my brothers into an unnecessary frenzy.  Great fun. 

THEN, my human put her breakfast on the table, and stepped away for 4.6 seconds to get her coffee.  I assumed she had left it for me.  She turned around just in time to see me standing with two paws on a chair, and JUST starting to take a bite.  Ever hear a banshee scream?  That was my human as she raced across the room. OK.  OK.  I was just checking to be sure it was safe for her to eat.  Seriously - chill out.

While she went to work, I behaved - I had to rest up for more naughtiness when she got home.  And that's when I did my grand finale for the day.  My human had left one of her favorite fleece jackets on the bed.  And she went in the bathroom.  Now we know we aren't allowed on the bed.  In theory.  So when she stepped out of the bathroom and saw me on the bed, she didn't get too stressed.  Until she noticed that I was DOING something.  "Hey" she said "WHAT are you doing?"  I think she thought I was chewing one of the pillows - another favorite activity.  Nope.  I was chewing a hole in the pocket of her fleece.  BECAUSE - there were TREATS in the pocket.  I mean WHAT do you expect?!  All of her clothes have treats in the pockets.  And treats are meant to be eaten!  But bad enough I chewed the inside of the pocket...I kind of put a hole right through the front of the fleece.  I created easy treat access.  I was doing her a favor.  Kind of.

My human was NOT impressed with my antics.  Good thing I'm cute.  Looks like I'll have to be on my best behavior for the next few days to make up for my naughtiness.  Well - a few days might be a bit much to ask.  I'll be good today.  One day at a time....

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment