Saturday, March 5, 2016

Puppies and more puppies...





So you know how I mentioned that record-breaking treasury (litter) of 17 Maremma Sheepdog puppies in California? Well it seems the number 17 is a lucky number.  A Labrador Retriever in North Carolina also just gave birth to 17 puppies.  Yellow, chocolate and black.  Of course the news reporter called them GOLDEN, chocolate and black.  Here’s a warning – never call yellow Labradors “golden.”  It drives Labrador people crazy.  There are GOLDEN RETRIEVERS – which are a totally different breed.  But not GOLDEN Labs.  That’s your politically correct dog breed color warning for today. 

It seems that although they broke the Lab record in North Carolina, the world record for Labs was 19.  And get THIS – the world record for a treasury of any breed of puppies was….drum roll…..24 Neopolitan Mastiff puppies.  Although, sadly, four passed away.  But still – 20 surviving puppies is a LOT.  I’m sure they looked cute – I mean WHAT puppy isn’t.  But no offense to Neopolitan Mastiffs -  I think they eventually look like some kind of prehistoric cross between an elephant, a rhinocerous and a bullmastiff.   And talk about saggy wrinkles!  I was going to say they are worse than the wrinkles on my human – but I know where to draw the line…

My human knew of a treasury of 14 Bernese Mountain Dogs born in Canada.  What made the litter most amazing was that they were ALL male.  CAN you imagine?  14 Bucket Heads.  Scary.

Speaking of Bucket Head, we have had no evidence of Mickey Mouse, but Pax will still occasionally look at the ceiling.  Now I think he’s doing it just to freak out my human.  I’m thinking I should join in on the joke.  I’ll race to the cupboard and pretend I saw something.   I tried to convince Frodo to join in, but the Professor has no interest in such puppy-ish games.  He is such a stick in the mud.

Well, it’s time to go and get my human to take us out. It's Saturday- and it's snowing. Yes.  The dreaded "s' word. My human is hoping this is the LAST snow for the season.  She is such a dreamer.  

 I hope all of you have a fantastic day!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment