Friday, March 25, 2016

A VERY Good Friday



I am excited to be writing this blog today.  My big bro is HOME!!!!!  Thanks to all of you for sending prayers, good thoughts and best wishes.  All of those positive vibes - from all around the world - worked.  Now he is not without problems - and some testing still has to come back.  But contrary to what the Vet was thinking before his surgery- he was not full of cancer.   He DOES have an enlarged liver and the doctors have to find out why - and they did something called a biopsy - but he had no visible tumors or masses. Anywhere.

When the Vet called my human at work, the first thing he said was "ok I have to just say this first - you ARE taking him home today." And then he laughed.  And my human cried. You see, my human had a Bernese who went to the Rainbow Bridge when he was he was just 3 1/2 years old and another one who went when he was 7.  They both were full of cancer.  And the Vet admitted that he had expected to see cancer again - and was surprised to find just the enlarged liver. Not to say that the liver problem isn't a problem - but there should be some options for treatment.  We'll know better when all of the tests results come back.  But in the meantime, we give thanks because the news could have been MUCH more grim.  

When he came home, Frodo and I had to smell him. All over.  He was pretty sleepy.  He wasn't wearing the cone of shame yet - although I saw that my human brought one out of the garage.  When they asked her at the Vet if she needed a cone, my human laughed and said she had lots.  All Paxton sized.  Wonder why.

My human's big concern is whether he will eat today.   As we know, he's been fussy about food - and yet some of his medication needs to be taken with food. Now THIS should be interesting.  A neurotic human desperately trying to get food into a stubborn Bernese.  I can't wait to watch. And scream that he MUST eat. 

Today is Good Friday.  Which is interesting. You know - given that my human and my big bro are home today,  it really IS a GOOD Friday.

Have a great day.  I know we will!   And thank you again!


No comments:

Post a Comment