Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Old stuff




Well I had my last scent class in this set.  And THANKFULLY, there was no exam. We did something called “blind searches” for the first time – where our HUMANS didn’t know where the treats were hidden.  And I found it.  Every time.  This game is fun, although I DID have a moment where I completely forgot what I was doing.  When I spotted some dog toys on the floor.  We weren’t actually working with “distractions” yet – but clearly THAT is going to be a challenge for yours truly.  Toys?  That could mean fetching.  And let’s face it, it is a tie between what I like more – treats or fetching.  Seriously.

We had a great walk with my buddy, Jackson, the other morning.  Well – FRODO had a great walk.  He was off leash.  And I was in chains.  OK, maybe not CHAINS, but I was not allowed off the leash.  My human had visions of me disappearing on a bunny or fox chase.  I put my nose to the ground – and OFF I go.  She is starting to wonder if this scent class thing was such a good idea after all.  Getting me to use my nose MORE could be counter-productive!

March 2 is National Old Stuff day.  I thought it was a holiday about my human.  She did not find that analogy amusing.  She likes old stuff.  And she has lots of old dog stuff.  So in honor of this day, here’s an old dog.  He’s not THAT old and he's not a PON – but he’s close. He was made between 1936 and 1973 in England.  Mind you, he COULD be older than my human - which means he is ANCIENT.  He looks like he needs a good grooming. Better him than me.



Have a great old day!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment