Sunday, March 20, 2016

Tag team






Another yo-yo day.  One minute Paxton seems perfectly normal, and the next, my human is whisking him off to the emergency clinic.  They have now learned at the clinic that she is a truly neurotic human when it comes to us dogs.  The bottom line - Paxton was having a good day - he went for a good walk, quickly ate ALL of his breakfast, and was in a good mood.  My human went out for breakfast with an old friend and when they came back to the house, she thought Paxton's colour was not good.  So off they went to the clinic - only to find out he was NOT in distress.  He came home and after some coaxing, ate most of his dinner.   Frodo and I beg him to NOT finish so we can get the leftovers.  Not much luck in the food department yesterday.

But we DID have some luck when Frodo and I went out for our morning walk.  We ran into my old buddy, Jackson, and ended up going for a run with him and his human.  Well, Frodo got to run.  I was on a leash.  Honestly, you THINK my human would just get over my previous escape acts.  She actually DID let me off leash for about 6.4 minutes during which time, Frodo and I tried to tag team wrestle and herd poor Jackson.  It's funny - if either of us is alone with Jackson, we behave.  But put us together and we try to annihilate the poor guy.   I think he jumped in a couple of ponds just to get away from us.   At one point, during my short reign of freedom, I ALMOST headed for the woods.  At which point, Jackson's human called me and I came back.  For a treat of course.  And then my human again incarcerated me.  She was not in the mood to have a sick dog AND a runaway dog.  So that was that.

Today my human will be home with us all day.  I think it's time to try out those guilt gifts!  And it seems only fair that the youngest goes first.  Doesn't it?

Thanks again for those prayers for my big bro.  Please keep them coming!

Have a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment