Monday, March 14, 2016

Crufts 2016 comes to a close






So my human survived the last day of Crufts.  She thinks they could have a reality TV show - Survivor Crufts.  You have to make it through 5 exhibition halls WITHOUT buying anything at the one million vendors, have to sit through at LEAST one breed judging that has more than 50 dogs - with extra points if you sit through ALL the Labradors, you must attend obedience trials for at least 20 dogs and you must stay until the whole program is done at the end of the night. Oh and you have to talk to people at 5 different Discover Dogs booths. And that's just the first day.  

Yesterday was the beauty pageant judging for Terriors ( also known in some households as Terriorists), and also the Hounds.  My human didn't watch any of the individual breed judging- but she stumbled through benching areas - and wormed her way through two halls. She was STILL looking for another grooming tool ( which she unfortunately found) and she bought a new dumbbell.  That would be for Frodo - certainly not me or Pax!

Here are a few other photos she sent me:

A vacuum cleaner vendor.  Seriously.  He must have known my human was coming.  He should have been set up across from the Bernese booth.  My human liked the demo. Because we know she loves vacuums.  The only problem would be carrying it on the plane...




She came across this booth with coats that absorb water after a bath.  Which seems like. Good idea.  If you HAVE to have a bath. 


 But this dog bag in which a wet or muddy dog is zipped up like a lunch in your knapsack - seems totally crazy.  How long do you think it would take Frodo to rip his way out?!  Seriously.  Thankfully my human wasn't swayed by the sales pitch.



She saw this very cool sheep toy.  But she envisioned 5.8 seconds before the sheep would be an earless amputee.



She saw lots of dogs trying out dog beds and after four days, she tried them out herself.




She also saw a scent demonstration by some police dogs and they also did "attack work."  That's what I call it.  I think she should get one of those sleeves they use for bite work.  I would love that.

She watched flyball.  That would not be good for me.  Dropping the ball and letting another dog get it?  Never could happen.  When it comes to retrieving , I don't share.


She saw a demo by military working dogs.  Those guys can climb an 8 foot wall.  But so can Frodo.  I'm enlisting him.

The heel work to music was cool.  Too bad I try to bite my human when music comes on and she tries this with me. I get soooo excited.  I wonder if there are dogs who do this without a partner?

Best in Show had all the pomp and celebratory feel as the Olympics.  And the big winner was the Westie.  I watched it on-line.  I liked the choice!

So four days of beauty pageants, obedience, agility, fly ball competitions, demonstrations of all kinds and  hundreds of ribbons awarded.  But at the end of the day- this picture REALLY sums up the relationship we dogs have with humans.  And we can't wait for OURS to get home tonight:

No comments:

Post a Comment