Sunday, August 6, 2017

A herding test...




Well my human has done it again.  We'll see what happens THIS time.  Sometimes I think she is just a glutton for punishment.  What has she done?  She has entered the FG in a herding instinct test at the end of the month.   

We know that for Einstein and I, the instinct test fee was not exactly money well spent.  Remember?  First Einstein went in the pen for the test and just glared at my human.  He's not really one to enjoy a fenced-in muddy pen.  And yet he HAD been with sheep when he was younger - so my human THOUGHT he would be interested.   He kind of liked sheep.  "Kind of" being the operative words.  My human actually found video footage of his first encounter.  And it really wasn't all THAT exciting.  But after he was given some time - and was walked around the sheep - he DID catch on.  These photos show those results.








But for the test?  Nope.  Maybe it was performance anxiety.  After he failed the test, she then brought ME in.  And she had really high hopes for me.  My performance?  Ditto.  I sat in the middle of the pen like a stuffed PON.

So then remember how she decided that maybe if I went without Einstein to a test that MAYBE I would do better?  So several weeks later she entered me in another test.  And she drove over an hour again to get there.  And she was all excited.  And the result was EXACTLY the same.  I sat in the pen and stared at her.  We didn't even get our allotted 15 minutes of test time.  The judges, for some reason, remembered me from my previous performance.  They said to take me home and love me.  But don't bother buying any sheep. 

So now it's the FG's turn.  And while we know his mother was great with sheep, we are not holding out any high hopes.  My human can't bear to have her dreams dashed yet again.  So she says she is going in with absolutely NO expectations.  Good plan.  I mean I'm not suggesting she should aim low - but the reality is that either we WANT to chase the sheep.  Or we don't.   My human's excuse was that we had obedience training - so we didn't like to work away from her.  Bwhahahahaha.  I don't think anyone bought it - but it made HER feel better.  

In the meantime, I suggest she start playing some sheepherding videos on the TV.  Maybe he'll get the idea.  Honestly, I think she should sell tickets to watch him.  She will DEFINITELY need to have someone take some video.  Finally a chance for a viral video.  I can hardly wait...

Have a good one!  Peace and paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment