Monday, August 14, 2017

Mud




Saturday it rained. Pretty much all day.  So yesterday morning, when we headed out for our walk, my human was not going to take us on the public trail, as she knew it would be wet and muddy. But we ended up running into Pig Pen.  That is going to be my new name for Jackson.  Now please don't interpret that as a mean name- because we all LOVE Jackson.  He's the PERFECT dog.  He comes when called. Can be walked off a leash.  He is SUPER friendly.  He's VERY handsome.  As I said, he's the PERFECT dog.  But as I mentioned when I talked about the deer flies - he can LOOK like the cartoon character when they fly around him.  Oh and I SHOULD mention Jackson's ONE vice.  And only ONE.  He likes swamp water.  Not to drink - but to wander in.  The more green and muddy - the better.  So really, the name Pig Pen DOES fit  - at least at times. But I don't want to offend him - so let's call him Perfect Pig Pen.  That's better.

So we ran into Perfect Pig Pen and his human, and they were headed down the trail, so we said we would join them.  Well - my HUMAN said we would.  I was happy to go - but Einstein was mortified.  Mud and puddles.  His worst nightmare.  He didn't know WHERE to walk.  It was like watching a slow moving bag of potatoes - trying to calculate which direction to walk so he would not get wet.  OR dirty.  You know, my human sees pictures and videos of PONs who love mud, and puddles.  So they do exist.  But somehow Einstein is in a different league. Maybe he anticipates having a bath or a rinse after getting muddy - which frankly does NOT happen every time.  Who knows.  It was pretty embarrassing to watch him.  The one good thing - the flies must have still been asleep - they were no problem.  Perfect Pig Pen is able to walk off leash - but at one point, his human put him on a leash as we were approaching a VERY mucky, swampy area.  His human KNEW what would happen - so Perfect Pig Pen was  restrained for a short time.   And then he was again set free. Because he DOES behave.  Unlike some PONs and a Picard we know.

Looks like the weather ahead is going to be great.   Wonder what my human has planned for us.  You know, I JUST realized I have not given HER a nickname.  She suggested Saint.  I don't think so.  I have to think about this....give me some time....

Have a good one!  Peace and paws up!





No comments:

Post a Comment