Saturday, August 5, 2017

Outsmarting picky Picards. For now.




OK so I just don't get this Picky Picard thing.   Being picky about food is SO foreign to the PONs in this house - it's like saying grooming is a FUN thing to do.  My human THOUGHT she had outsmarted the FG by doing things like adding parmesan to his food.  Or adding other tasty treats like bits of dried liver.  Or by feeding him by hand.  Or by changing his food.  And all of those tactics DID work.  For a day or two.  But on Thursday, I honestly thought my human was going to cry.   None of the tactics worked - and he refused to eat.  Yes - she knows you can put his food down and take it away after 10-15 minutes.  But the problem is, I then OBSESS over that food bowl.  It's put in the garage - but honestly, I KNOW it is in there.  So I stand and stare at the garage door.  Constantly.  And I squeak.  And moan. 

Sometimes if the FG doesn't eat his breakfast, my human puts his bowl in his run with him if she goes out, and he generally eats it while she is out.   But Thursday he picked out the dried liver and spread the rest of his kibble around his run.  And neither the hand feeding or parmesan worked when she returned.  Even begging did not work.  And not to worry - he is NOT sick.  He has tons of energy and WILL eat treats.  Or garbage along the side of the road if my human isn't paying attention while they walk.

So she didn't know WHAT to do. One thing she did notice was that when she takes him on his walks, he is always happy to be rewarded for good walking with a piece or two of kibble.  So she tried something yesterday morning... She basically FILLED her pockets with the amount of food the FG would usually get for breakfast.  And every now and then, on the walk, she would stop and offer him some.  Which he happily ate.  So my clever human was able to feed him his entire meal, as they walked along.  BINGO.  She has outsmarted him again.  But we'll see how long THIS lasts.

Never a dull moment.  Ever....

Happy Saturday!!!!!

Peace and paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment