Monday, August 21, 2017

Cannabis update. Medium news….




Well…it’s about time for a cannabis update. Good news.  Bad news.  Medium news.  So I started on my hemp terpene oil and was all excited about the prospect of no seizures.  Within two days, I had one.  I couldn’t even write about it – my human was SO disappointed.  BUT we learned that for a normal starting dose, I should  be taking 1 mg for every kg I weigh.  I’m not exactly a heavyweight – I’m only around 18 kg.  But the first two days, I was only taking 4 mg.  So my human upped my dosage to 12 mg per day.  One week went by.  No seizures.  Two weeks.  No seizures.  Three weeks.  No seizures.  Now keep in mind that before this, I was having one or two seizures every two weeks.  So when we got to the three week mark, my human was ALL excited.  We planned to write an update ( and have a party ) if I made it to one month seizure-free.  On Saturday I was just 4 days short of a month – and I had one.  So it’s not really good news.  But it’s not really bad news either.  I guess it’s medium news.  We have now increased my dosage to 16 mg.  Hopefully this will be the answer...but IF it doesn't work - we CAN continue to go up a fair bit from this starting point.  Paws crossed.

 In GOOD news – my human was overwhelmed with all the birthday greetings she got yesterday.  The world is really not such a big place!  All the more reason to be nice to one another… Thanks to each and every one who sent her best wishes.  She tried to thank everyone - but if she missed someone, she apologizes.  And we boys were good yesterday.  We let her sleep in until 5:30…

And in other news – today we plan to be so bad we will blow off the roof.  Just kidding – but we ARE getting a new roof.  My human says it’s one of those things that costs  a lot of money but you don’t  REALLY appreciate it – like you would new flooring, or a new kitchen or a new bathroom or a marrow bone. But I guess a roof IS kind of important.  My human will be home with us – so Einstein doesn’t bark out instructions for the roofers all day.  Woofers and roofers may not mix well.  We shall see.  This could be interesting….

Anyway, have a good one!  Peace and paws up!



No comments:

Post a Comment