Thursday, August 10, 2017

Spoiled dogs




Yesterday morning, we decided to get up early.  Well, I did – and so my human kindly joined me.  At 4:45.  She got dressed and went to take Einstein and me out for our morning constitutional.  It was still dark out, so my human was sporting her trusty headlamp.  And it was very peaceful and quiet.  We walked all the way down the road, but didn’t go on the trail as it was still dark.   We did our thing and my human scooped and carried our deposits back home. We were just approaching our driveway, and both of us stopped in the middle of the road.  And we were sniffing something.  My human had not noticed anything in the road on the way down, but clearly there was something there now.  So she began to pull us away.  And that’s when she realized what we were SO interested in.  A frog. A BIG frog.  About the size of my human’s fist.  So she pulled us back.  And at that point, the frog began to hop.  And that’s when Einstein went cray cray.  Barking and growling and pulling.  Like he just saw a bear.  Seriously.  It was a FROG.  And although I didn’t join the chorus, I was certainly pulling like mad as well.  My human had to hold on to the two of us with all her might.  And drag us down the driveway.  While the frog made his way across the road, not even realizing what a ruckus he had caused.  And which everyone within a 5 km radius probably heard – at 5:15 in the morning… Yup.  Never a dull (or quiet) moment.
I looked at the Crazy Calendar, and guess what today is? It is National Spoil your Dog Day.  My human burst out laughing when she saw that.  She says EVERY day is Spoil your Dog Day in this house.  I beg to differ – not on those days where we have to be groomed.   But otherwise, I must confess, we ARE just a little tiny bit spoiled.  Guess what she bought us now?  Big huge awesome marrow bones.  Yes.  We ARE spoiled.  And we sure are enjoying her vacation time.  
Anyway -  canines - stay spoiled and have a good one! Peace and paws up!


No comments:

Post a Comment