Friday, August 11, 2017

Peter




On Tuesday, we had a much-needed rainy day.  Einstein wouldn’t agree, but in all honesty, we have had a lovely summer, with very little rain.  So Tuesday was a welcome day for gardeners and farmers.  

And you know what we were promised with the next rainy day?  A chance to play with the new bunny.  The stuffed bunny – in case you forgot.  You know the drill.  Two of us are sequestered in the front  hall while one of us gets to play.  We must sit and stay while the bunny is hidden in another room.  Yours truly got to play first.  Simply because my human would not have been able to bear the SCREAMING I would have done if someone else was first.  Yes.  I do tend to become a BIT dramatic when it comes to the stuffed bunny.  Anyway, I waited patiently when told to do so and once released form my stay, off I went to find Peter.  I must confess, it took me a little longer than normal to find him the first time, because he didn’t smell like dog slobber yet. But once I did, I RACED back into the dining room, squeaking his currently functioning noise maker.  We know that won’t last long.  I reluctantly traded him for a treat, and the game was repeated.  I got 6 tries and I quickly found him each time.  Then it was Einstein’s turn.  He’s a good bunny finder and quickly drops the bounty at my human’s feet – he’s more interested in the treat than in squeaking Peter.  And after 6 tries (yes, we count to make sure we each get the same number of attempts), it was the FG’s turn.  As soon as he was released from the hall, he went to look for the bunny.  Even though it had not yet been hidden.   My human called him and squeaked the bunny to let him know it wasn’t yet hidden.  He was too busy searching the bedroom.  My human had to go and get him and SHOW him the bunny, lead him back to the dining room and told him to sit and stay.  As you may recall in the early days, when he was young, she had to tie him to his crate to get him to stay while she hid the bunny.   Now he obediently stays in place.  And when my human comes back and says the magic words “Find the bunny!” he enthusiastically races off.  But  he was gone longer than normal.  My human had basically left the bunny for him in an easy spot in the other room, so he could easily find it.  And he found it. And when my human came in, he was tossing the rabbit in the air.  He had NO intention of bringing that bunny back to her.   She offered a treat to trade for the bunny, and he took it but looked like he was chewing hot tamales.  He didn’t WANT a treat.  He wanted the bunny.  I can’t remember how many turns he got before he decided to just attempt to rip the bunny’s head off.  Game over for him.
The only problem with renewing the bunny hunting game – the FG has now become VERY interested in the REAL bunnies.  As you may recall, he used to just sit and look at them.  Not so much now.  He REALLY wants to see them.  And the bunnies around here like to taunt us.  They seem to know when we are on a leash – and they sit and watch us.  They’re pretty brave.  But they better not let down their guard…
Happy Friday.  Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment