Saturday, August 26, 2017

National Dog Day


August 26 and according to the crazy calendar it’s National Dog Day.  As IF every day in our house isn’t Dog Day.   The day is designed to celebrate ALL dogs but a major focus of the day is on adopting rescue animals who all deserve good homes.

So in honor of the day, time to examine MORE of my human’s old dog collection.  We looked at old photos the other day – now let’s take a look at some old postcards.  The first postcard ever sent was in England in the 1840’s but it was until the turn on the 20th century that the craze of sending postcards really took off.  Postcards were created of every subject matter imaginable -including dogs.  Some cards were actual photos and then of course there were loads of illustrations. My human’s collection is small compared to some collectors – she only has a bit over 150 cards.  So let’s take a look at a few…with my comments/titles.

Let’s look at some photo cards today:
This first card is your typical adorable child and adorable dog card. Adorable compliant obedient dog.

This one is titled “We don’t want to fight…but-?”  OK, I wouldn’t want to start a fight with Mr-I-need-dental work, in the first place.  But what really makes me wonder…WHO would you send this card to?  Maybe an anniversary card…



This card comes from Porcupine, a place in Ontario Canada. I guess the vehicle is good on land or water.  But what do the DOGS do when they get to the water…
  

Another cute kid and puppies.  Wonder if it was a bit chilly standing out in the snow…


This one is titled “Kidnapped.”   Seems to me it should be “Dognapped.”


This is a real photo card with a space at the bottom to write your message.  Clearly this is a case of a dog who has a human like mine who makes you wait while she fiddles to get a good photo.  I call this one HURRY up!!



And speaking of my human and her puparazzi shots – we even have photos in horrid attire.  I call this first one Baby Announcement.


This one is actually titled “I must get married.” Think this was an engagement card?  Or a very weird proposal card…


And here we see what my human figured was a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy.  It’s called “Pronouncing the verdict.”  And the verdict?  Bite the human who made you wear this attire !



And here we have some dogs who decided to take puparazzi shots into their own paws…


I call this last one for today “Looking at the solar eclipse.”


We have lots more cards to look at including some breed shots.  Interesting how some dogs today look a bit different….

To be continued for another day!

Have a good one!  Happy National Dog Day!  Peace and paws up!


No comments:

Post a Comment