Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Roofers and woofers.






Well let me tell you something - it is a GOOD thing my human was home with us yesterday with the roof work being done....

We got her up at 5:15 - and we all went for our walks.  No sooner did my human step into the shower at 7AM, when the roofers arrived.  They had said they would be there at 8...

As you might expect, we went into full blown protection mode.  We heard those trucks arriving and did NOT want them in OUR driveway. And you cannot BEGIN to imagine our reaction when we heard them ON the roof.  This was NOT Santa and his band of jolly reindeer.  Einstein was the worst.  He REPEATEDLY told them to get the heck away from his house.  He paced from window to window as we watched pieces of old roof raining down on our deck.  The deck had been covered with a HUGE tarp by some strange man who appeared out of nowhere.  It was VERY interesting to watch him...

After they were working for a while,  I started to ignore the racket, but Einstein was on continual alert.  

While the chaos was going on, the FG obsessively followed Einstein around.  I think the FG must be going through some "hormonal changes."  In the past week or so, he has become totally and completely OBSESSED with Einstein and with me to a lesser extent.  He wants to lick us.  EVERYWHERE.  I just give him a look - so he pretty much leaves me alone.  But Einstein...he cannot leave him alone.  And he squeaks and moans.  Einstein growls at him.  He shows his teeth.  But the FG doesn't care.  And every chance he gets - he licks Einstein.  It's a BIT much.  My human is continually telling him to stop. Oh and he also likes to lick the floor where Einstein has been before.  Gross.  Surely this behavior will not go on forever?!  WE never did that.  Or - I don't THINK we did...

Anyway, they didn't finish the roof yesterday.  It was too hot.  So they are coming back today.  At one point, my human went to take each of us out for a pee - she had to carry us over the mess of old roofing shingles and nails that they had thrown off the roof.  I was the first to go out.  One of the roofers wanted to make friends with me - but he had no treats - so I just gave him a perfunctory glance.   The guy asked "How many dogs are IN there?"  "Three" my human replied.  "Geez, it sounds like 10!" he responded.  No wonder a neighbor down the road called to see what was going on...

 Well - time to get my human out walking, and to get ready for the roofers.  Again.  Another day of roofers and woofers.

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!



No comments:

Post a Comment