Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Audiobooks




So here's a new tidbit in the world of dog news.  This one came from Cesar Millan.  Now before some of you start shaking your heads, because you are not a Cesar fan - THIS stuff IS interesting. It seems that Cesar did some research at his Dog Psychology Center.  They wanted to see if dogs left alone were more calm and relaxed if music was left on for us - or if we preferred listening to audiobooks. And guess what?  We enjoyed listening to audiobooks more than music. When it comes to the audiobooks, sound level as well as the gender of the audiobook reader apparently can make a difference.  We dogs tend to prefer narrators that are the same gender as our primary owner.  


If you have the Audible app, you can download info about dog audiobooks for free:
https://mobile.audible.com/dogs/apc.htm

My human usually leaves a radio on for us when she goes to work.  But she hasn't tried any audiobooks.  I wonder if talk radio would work the same way.  I guess it depends on the topic.  Politics could cause us to become MORE excited.   

And the specific audiobook would certainly make a difference too.  I wouldn't want to listen to anything really scary.  That COULD result in barking.  And please - no Harlequin Romance stories for us.  Or sci-fi.   And no dog training or self help books.  B-O-R-I-N-G.  Maybe a good drama.  Or biography.  Sure.  Lassie's biography.  That would work for me.  The FG says he would like to listen to Because of Winn-Dixie.  And we know why - it stars a Picard.   OK - I'll give it a go.  I'll let you know how these audiobooks go.  And if any of your canines HAVE been listening to audiobooks, I'm open to recommendations!

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment