Friday, August 25, 2017

Blue news


Well time for some news from the world of dogs…

In the 1960’s, an American  artist by the name of George Rodrigue became famous for his paintings of an unusual subject – a Blue Dog.  Apparently the dog was based on a Cajun legend called the loup-garou – a mystical werewolf creature. While that may sound scary, Rodrigue’s Blue Dog was not all that scary looking – mind you he DID have staring yellow eyes.  Rodriguez died in 2013, and today, his Blue Dog paintings sell for tens of thousands of dollars.

So why the talk of the Blue Dog?  Well it seems there are some REAL blue dogs out there that were recently discovered.  And I’m not talking about Australian Cattle dogs which are also known as Blue Heelers.  Or Blue Merle Australian Shepherds or Shetland Sheepdogs.  That “blue” colour is more  mottled grey colour.  I’m talking  REALLY BLUE dogs.  Apparently, some stray dogs have been spotted in India – and these guys are REALLY BLUE.  Check them out:


They say that these dogs are healthy.  And they could wash off the blue colouring.  But still.  I’m not sure I would want to be them.  It CAN’T be good for them… And I'm not sure I would want to live the way that they do - no comfy bed, no roof over their heads, and not being sure where their next meal is coming from.  It sure makes me grateful for my home.  Even with required grooming.

The only thing that makes ME blue is when I have a seizure.  And yup.  I had another one.  Yesterday.  Back to the dosage drawing board….Five days since the last one…Needless to say, my human was feeling blue too… The one GOOD thing – the seizures are pretty quick and within an hour, I’m back to my crazy energetic self – and you wouldn’t know anything had ever happened to me.  Now if we can just get them to stop happening all together….

Well it’s Friday and blue skies are forecast. We’ll take that blue any day.

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!




No comments:

Post a Comment