Friday, February 13, 2015

Brian Williams.






 You know – I met Brian Williams.  The news guy who has managed to put HIMSELF in the news.  Yeah, we met in New York one day.  I was walking down the street with my human, in Times Square of all places, and all of sudden I saw this woman who was pushing her baby carriage – and she accidentally tripped and let go of the carriage.  And the carriage was headed for an oncoming bus.  Well.  I couldn’t let THAT happen.  So I pulled away from my human – which is NOT a good thing to do – but this was an emergency -and raced out and grabbed the carriage JUST as it was INCHES from the bus.  Whew.  Everybody was so relieved – and I was quite the hero.  So of course, Brian covered the story.  I got to meet him and we even had dinner.  Nice guy.  He even paid for the meal.  He was very interested in us PONs and said he would like to be owned by one.   My human gave him the names of some creators (I like that word better than “breeders”) and he said he was thinking about it. He gave us his card and said to call him if we are ever in town again.



OK.  I confess.  The story isn’t completely true.  Actually none of it is true.  But heck.  If HE can make things up – so can I!  I suppose I really shouldn’t joke about him.  Politicians make things up all the time.  And besides– I read somewhere that he really LIKES DOGS.  I hope THAT news was true!



©   2015 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment