Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Out of the running.


Well. It looks like Paxton MAY be out of the running for favorite grand-dog….

Yesterday my human went to work, and we were all behaving pretty well for her mother.  Around 4:00 my human called to say she would be home in about a half hour.  Her mother old her that Paxton had been a BIT of a “challenge”. He stole a tissue from her pocket (that’s where I learned the trick) and he was also kind of restless.  Paxton has had some …how shall I say…stomach issues for a day or two.  He had taken off in the woods the other day – and who KNOWS what he ate.  He appears fine and has a SUPER appetite and energy – but his poops and his….hmmmm…flatulence – well let’s just say he is now on the rice and pumpkin diet.

Anyway, my human told her mother just to open the door and let Paxton go out.  It’s not like he will take off.  Usually.  My human told her mother she would call back in a few minutes to see if everything was OK.

Paxton was let out to do his thing – which he did.  And he came back to the door when my human’s mother called him.  BUT he wouldn’t come back in!  My human’s mother opened the door, and bribed him with treats and basically pleaded with him– but he would just stand 10 feet from the door and bark at her.  When my human called back, her mother told her about the dilemma.  So my human – in a moment of brilliance – which humans are not always known for – made a suggestion.  She told her mother to turn on the speaker phone.  Which her mother did. Then my human told her mother to open the front door.  Which her mother did.  And then my human SHOUTED as loudly as she could over the speaker phone:  “Paxton –GET IN THE HOUSE.”   Which he promptly did!  Frodo and I watched the whole proceeding and were amazed.  We both nodded at each other that it was a really good trick.  So Paxton was back in the house.  Safe and sound.  And all returned to normal.  Well. As normal as our house gets! 

But I think Paxton totally knocked himself out of the running for favorite grand-dog. Which is SWEET.  Better for me.  Now I just need to get Frodo knocked out….

©  2015  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment