Friday, February 27, 2015

High maintenance...


Well. I am annoyed.  It seems there is a post circulating the internet that lists the top 25 “high maintenance” breeds.  And get this – PONS are on the list.



First off, I DO question a site that lists those rare yorkdalpoosaintradors.  You know what I mean.  Those breeds that AREN’T really breeds.  Although there ARE people who would pay BIG money for one.  Humans.  If you want one of these make-believe breeds - who can be great companions- there are plenty in shelters – go and get one - for FREE!



Anyway, I decided to look at what they said about us PONs.  Here are two of  my FAVORITE lines – “The most common colors for Polish Lowland Sheepdogs are black, brown, gray, and white.”  That’s in contrast to the less common colors of purple, blue and magenta. 



“It needs regular exercise for apartment living and is best with a small to average-size yard.”  Yes.  We need a little or “averaged-size” yard.  Anything large and we will be very unhappy.  Very unhappy.  A large yard MIGHT cause us to do zoomies – and we do NOT do “best” when we have room to run.



Now I DID like some of the wonderful adjectives like lively, intelligent, independent, alert, friendly, loyal and my favorite – cheerful.  I think those DO sum me up – I am all of those.  For sure.  At certain times – and during certain phases of the moon.  And we ARE watchful, we can be active, and we don’t shed.  Much.



But I really dislike being called “high maintenance.”  It makes us sound snooty.  And like drama-kings.  Although, that DOES describe Frodo.  Still.  It’s such a negative connotation.  What about “Highly complex?”  Or  “Magnificently multifaceted?” Or “Intricately interesting?”  But HIGH MAINTENANCE?!  Come on.  It’s not like we are Kim Kardashian or something…



©  2015 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment