Monday, February 16, 2015

Westminster!


 Oh my.   When is Spring?  My human needs some.  Soon.  Seriously.  She has a contract out on the groundhog.  Just kidding.  Sort of.

So.  The plow guy came back yesterday.  And miracle of miracle – he broke through the snow wall.   I don’t know HOW he did it.  My human had also arranged for a backhoe to come in and move some of the HUGE piles around the house – because there is a VERY narrow opening to get the car in and out of the garage.  The guy was SUPPOSED to come yesterday.  He never showed up.  My human was not impressed.

Top it all off with the fact that EVERYTHING is covered in a thin coating of ice.  Frodo and I realized the ice, and immediately dropped and rolled on the lawn.  We thought it was cool.  Paxton had a hard time because he would break through the ice into the snow.  The only way my human will go out is with these boots with spikes on the soles.   Either that or she crawls in the snow.  Not really.  But I must say when watching her climb the snowbanks…well it’s not pretty.

Yesterday was a day off for my human – a new holiday in Nova Scotia called Heritage Day.  My human on the other hand called it “even if it wasn’t a holiday I wouldn’t be going out” day.  And of course, her mother got to spend another day with us.

But the good news in all of this – yesterday the first day of the Westminster dog show was on – AND we got to watch the PONs – live on the internet! My human was so impressed with all the dogs.   She doesn’t personally know the bitch who got the Best of Breed – but she thought she was pretty. (for non-dog show people – it’s OK to use that word when talking about female dogs.  But it’s not always nice to use it when describing humans…) My human does know Ammo – the dog who got BOS (which is the Best of Opposite Sex) – and she was very happy for Ammo’s human, Sara.  Of course as SOON as the judging was over, my human looked at me – and said “you REALLY need a grooming.”  Ugh.   So into the grooming room we went.  But I AM easier to groom than Frodo.  I don’t complain NEARLY as much.  After that we played “pretend Westminster”.  We were all stacked and had to look cute and alert.  Paxton included.  It was a three way tie for Best of Breed – which is odd since Pax is a different breed. It’s called humoring the human.

So today the favorite grand-dog title will FINALLY be announced ...I can hardly stand the suspense…And let’s HOPE the guy with the backhoe turns up!

©  2015 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment