Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Snow and MAYBE company?


You know, it’s my human’s fault that we have had some pretty nasty, snowy weather in the past week.  For two reasons.

1.     She finally put her snow tires on just last week.  She debated about putting the tires on the dog mobile this year, but after nearly sliding into the ditch on ice at the end of our road – when driving 10 miles an hour, she decided she SHOULD do it.  Ever since then, it’s been one storm after another.
2.     The snowflakes.  This year, my human put these big snowflakes made out of clear plastic in some of the trees and bushes as you come down the driveway – for Christmas.  And usually right after Christmas – she takes down all the decorations.  But this year she thought they were “Wintery” so they could stay up.   I think they should have come down.  Take down the snowflakes – and the weather will improve.  That’s my prediction.  Look – if a groundhog can make a forecast, so can I.

The good thing about the stormy weather is that she has been able to stay home with us because her work was closed two times.  But this snow followed by freezing rain IS a bit of a challenge.  Poor Paxton kept breaking through the frozen crust into the snow.  So did my human.  Not Frodo and I – we are light-weights compared to the two of them.  Frodo decided to simply roll down the hills on his back.  Me?  I just run and slide, run and slide. 

Rumor has it, there is more snow forecast for tonight.  Unless I can get her to take down those snowflakes.

Oh. And SOMETHING is going on.  My human has been cleaning the house.  Mid-week.  Which usually means one of two things. She is going away - and the dogsitter is coming. Or. We are having company. I haven't seen any suitcases...so we'll see what happens tomorrow....can't be Santa - he was here already. And it's too early for the Easter Bunny. WHO could it be? The suspense is killing me....


©  2015 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment