Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lent


New Years resolutions.  By now, most humans have given them up.  But if they have, there is another chance to try again.  It’s called Lent.  And it begins today.  Lent is a time of preparation during which people do good things before Easter.  They also “give things up”.  So it’s kind of like resolutions all over again.  Sometimes people give up things that they really like – kind of like a penance.  My human will probably try to give up something like chocolate – which she doesn’t eat much anyway.  So it’s kinda the “cheaters” version of Lent.  You give up SOMETHING – and it IS something you do or enjoy– but it’s not THAT hard.  But I guess something is better than nothing.

So I figure I had better give up something too.  Let’s see….Licking Frodo’s ears.   No – I can’t do it.  I mean I can TRY – but it would be VERY, VERY hard.  How about I give up eating biscuits.  No- I can’t do it.  I just can’t.  I’m a PON.  I love to eat.  It’s in my DNA.  No point in trying the impossible.   Hmmm….How about I give up wearing my rain/snow suit?  I can do that.  Although I’m not so sure my human will agree.  Hmmmm…I could give up barking in unison with Frodo while my human is getting our meals every day?  Well.  How about one meal?  Once a week.  I can do that.  There’s one.  How about I give up attacking Frodo when he comes down the stairs? Another tough one.  But I THINK I can do it.  Once a week.

OK. That’s two things.  That should be enough.  Done. 

Now I suppose I SHOULD go back and look at those New Years resolutions too….

Oh and by the way.  The favorite grand-dog title?  When pressed for a winner, my human’s mother caved.  She gave in to the current model that kids get – where “everyone is a winner and everyone gets a prize.”  So you guessed it.  She has no “favorite.”  We all are “sweet” for different reasons.  But she DID smile at ME when she said it – so you all KNOW that I’m her favorite.  How could I NOT be?

© 2015 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment