Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Rules were meant to be...thrown out


Just an update about life in the former DFZ (Dog Free Zone).  I call it “former” because I have decided that the DFZ is my absolute favorite place to be.  And I have officially claimed one of the wingback chairs as MINE.  Actually, I think the WHOLE DFZ should be mine. I go in there whenever the bungee cord is mistakenly left off.

Yesterday morning while my human was having breakfast, Frodo and I pushed the gate open and walked in.   We made ourselves comfortable.  VERY comfortable. But Frodo made a mistake.  He started digging in the sofa.  BIG mistake.  He was banished from the DFZ.  All the time I was calmly watching the proceedings from my comfy position on MY favorite wingback.  So innocent.  Next to the fire.  Yes... life IS good.  When it’s minus 146 degrees and your driveway could host the World Figure Skating Championships, what better place to be than on your favorite wingback.  In the former DFZ.  Canine 1.  Human 0.




Oh and the “no sleeping on the bed” rule?  Bwhahahahaha.  Priceless.  Another update.  Do you KNOW how my human TRIES to keep us off the bed?  I know you won't believe this one - but it is true.  She puts a baby gate ON half the bed.  Really.  If someone saw our antics in a movie, they wouldn’t believe it.  So of course, the baby gate DOES keep Paxton off.  And Frodo pretty much stays off too.  And of course, my human has to squish to one side of the bed, so as not to hit the gate herself.  But as for me?  No problemo.  I have figured out how to wait until my human is sound asleep.  I then creep up on the foot of the bed – below the baby gate.  And viola.  Comfy . Cozy.  And all mine.  Canine 2.  Human 0.

I'm not only adorable.  I'm brilliant. 

But who’s keeping score?

©  2015 Linda Wozniak

1 comment: