Friday, February 27, 2015

Faux snuggles.


Fake snuggles.  Admittedly, I am guilty.  But Frodo is the WORST.  And Paxton – well not toooooo bad.



Ad what are fake snuggles you ask?  Fake snuggles are when you get in really close to your human – and you might even attempt to get on her lap.  You LOOK like you are hoping for some petting and ear scratches.  But what you are REALLY trying to do is get close to her pocket – so you can DIG your nose in and get any kibble, treats or even treat crumbs that she might be carrying.  Frodo is NOTORIOUS.  He puts his front paws on my human’s lap and when she goes to pet him, he PUSHES as hard as he can into her pocket.  Of course when she realizes that he’s not actually there because he is demonstrating overwhelming adoration – she tells him to get down.  Which he won’t.  And a somewhat playful wrestling match ensues – all the time he is STILL trying to get into her pocket.  I do it too – and Paxton does it a bit – but not as bad as Frodo.



Heaven FORBID my human leaves a sweater or jacket out that has treats in a pocket.  Frodo will eat right through the pocket.  I just watch in awe.  He doesn’t share his bounty – that’s for sure.



I must confess, I’m all about the treats – but I really DO like the real snuggles too.  I think I’ll leave the fake kind to Frodo –and I’ll just continue to master my cute-onizing.  Because THAT I do really, really well….



© Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment