Monday, April 25, 2016

A colorful subject.


April 25. National Crayola Day.  Yup.  A day to celebrate crayons.  Last year it was on a different day – I guess it’s a floating holiday.  Anyway, last year I took crayon colors, and suggested some that could make good names for dogs.  Knowing how you humans agonize over dog names, I thought I could help out.  AND I’m thinking of names for my new puppy.  Can you tell I am not going to give up on this idea? Clearly I am not one to take no for an answer.

Just like last year, I’ll list the colors as “boy names” or “girl names” or gender neutral names.  I realize I SHOULDN’T label names as male or female, but remember, I’m a dog – so political correctness is not my forte?  If you want to see my choices for last year, the date was March 30- they are different from this year.

So here we go:

Girl names:
Sienna
Peach
Celestial Blue (Celeste for short!)
Madder (or Maddie)
Maize
Blue bell
Razzle Dazzle Rose (Razzie or Dazzie or Rose)
Misty Moss (Misty)
Pixie Powder (Pixie)

Boy names:
Laser Lemon (Laser for short)
Rust (Rusty)
Brass
Cosmic Cobalt (Cosmo for short)

Gender neutral names:
Chrome
Indigo (Indie for short)
Granite Gray  (Either Granite or Gray are cool)
Smokey Topaz (either Smokey or Topaz)
Lumber (I’m thinking this would be good for a Bassett Hound!)
Onyx
Lemon Lime Zing  (I like Zing – or Zinger)
Midnight
Sonic Silver (Sonic is very cool)
Sahara Dessert (Sahara)
Magic Potion (Magic OR Potion- although Potion is a bit weird)

I have tried to stick to the one or two syllable “rule” again - except for Sahara.  As we know, three syllables or more are hard to call when we are running off into the woods. That’s why my human wouldn’t allow me to change my name to Balthazar. 

My two favorite crayon names are Twister (from last year) and I like Sonic too.  Can you believe Crayola once made colors called “Pet Shop” and “Wash the Dog?”  They were brown and yellow.  No further comment is needed.

So that’s it for today.  I hope you have a colorful day!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment