Thursday, April 21, 2016

Salutations and Birthday Greetings Your Majesty


April 21.  Today is a special day for the British Royal family - it is Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday!  90.  And she looks mah-velous.  That's over 600 in dog years.  Now I don't know the Queen personally,  but I like her because she is a "dog person."  I knew that she has owned corgis - but I didn't know the following facts:
  • She has owned over 30 corgis during her reign. She bred corgis herself for many years.
  • The Queen has also owned Cocker Spaniels AND "dorgis".  Dorgis are a cross between a corgi and dachshund...It seems that there may have been an "oops" breeding at the palace with one of the Queen's corgis and Princess Margaret's dachshund...
  • The Queen was given a dog named Susan as birthday gift when she turned 18 - and Susan even went on her honeymoon.  Wonder what Phil thought about that...
  • The corgis reside in the Corgi Room at Buck House - and sleep in wicker baskets.  They get special Christmas stockings full of treats. Their meals are served by a gourmet chef.  And I thought WE had it good...
  • In 1954, the Royal Clockwinder was bitten by Susan.  The biting isn't all that interesting - but I just want to know how one gets a job as a Royal Clock winder...
  • The Queen's Crown Coin issued during her Golden Jubilee Year shows her with a corgi.  And so it should.
I'm sure the Queen will have a nice cake today - and they better have the fire department on hand if she has any trouble blowing out those candles.  I wonder if the cake will be in the shape of a corgi...

Anyway, Happy Birthday Your Majesty (because I'm sure she must read my blog...).  Have a wonderful day - and cheers to health and happiness.  Oh and if the corgi chef makes too many biscuits - you know where to send them... 

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment