Sunday, April 17, 2016

Blah. Blah. Blah.


April 17.  According to the Crazy Calendar,  today is Blah Blah Blah Day. A day to tackle all of those projects that others have been nagging you to do.  Honestly, when I heard the name I thought it had to do with humans talking to dogs.  I mean, that's kind of like what I hear when my human rambles on.  Unless the monologue contains words like eat, or treat, or bunny or walk, I don't always listen to the rest of what she is saying.  I know that's bad - but I'm being honest here.

And speaking of talking to me, my human said she is going to count how many times in a day she says my name.  The number MAY be high - possibly because I don't ALWAYS respond when she says it the first time.  And sometimes I don't respond the second time - like when I am styling Frodo's hair.  I have to concentrate.  By the third call, my human's voice has actually gotten louder for some reason.  It's not like I didn't hear her the first time - no need to treat me like I'm hearing impaired.

My name was repeatedly called the other morning when my human let me off the leash after our walk - as we were coming down the driveway.  Bunny smell diverted me into the woods - despite hearing my name numerous times....  But I should note, I DID come back.  After a minute.

And then we have the multiple name calling during the daily photo shoots.  I have taken over Paxton's role as the supreme "picnore" king.  When that phone comes out and my human raises it to take a photo, I do NOT look at her.  No matter how many times she says my name.  Of course, Frodo, the model for "Dogue" magazine, always looks at my human.  So there he is, smiling, looking right at the camera, while I look every other way.  And my human says "Viktor.  Viktor. VIK-TOR.  VIIIIIIIIIK-TOR.   AGHHHHHHHHH. ". It's actually quite comical.  She looks for ANYTHING to get my attention.  She'll rip branches off a tree and wave them, while calling my name.  She'll throw rocks behind her while calling my name.  She does the weird sounds thing while calling my name.  She has QUITE the repertoire of things she will try.  The cute shot in this blog was after MULTIPLE attempts.  During which my name was said 834 times.  But who's counting?  Here are a few of my picnore shots.    Paxton would be proud...


Picnore is a skill - and I learned from the best! I hope you have a marvellous day.  And it is far from blah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment