Monday, April 4, 2016

Afterwards. After words...


Afterwards.  After words…



It’s hard to explain what our house is like right now.  There is something missing.   The choir is missing a member.  The buffet is missing a diner.  The border patrol is short one officer. 



I honestly never knew that humans could blow their noses so many times.  Frodo is definitely out of sorts.  And me?  I am DESPERATELY trying to provide some comic relief.  THAT is my job right now.  And while I will never be able to fill Paxton’s pawprints, I decided I should do some of the things he did.  For example – yesterday, I tried to steal a tissue from my human’s pocket.  Paxton was a pro pocket-tissue-thief.  So I learned from the best.  And I was successful.  For about 3 seconds.  And then I had to give up my bounty.



And do you know what happened yesterday morning when we went out on our walk?  No – no bears or bunnies.  It was a dark, and rather cloudy morning.  And just as we approached the driveway, the clouds parted and the sun shone through.  We know who that was.  Telling us he is just fine. 



Thanks to SO many people who called, sent us hugs, condolences and warm thoughts and memories of my big brother.  We can't begin to thank each and every one of you - but know that each message - as hard as it is -  lifted our lonely sadness.  It is so amazing to know that so many of you loved Paxton and felt you knew him - even though you never met him!  I am so happy to have shared him with all of you...

Humans – hug your dogs today.  And you canines – do what you do best.  Provide that unconditional love that we do so well.  And MAYBE just a little badness - just to keep things interesting...



©  Linda Wozniak


No comments:

Post a Comment