Thursday, April 14, 2016

Rally on Bro




It's official.  For three years in a row, Frodo was the top Rally PON in Canada.  The certificate for 2015 arrived in the mail. And GUESS who was the number 2 Rally PON in Canada?   None other than moi!!! Go figure.  I'm not JUST a pretty face.  I CAN behave.  And now I have the certificate to prove it.  Mind you, while I think certificates are nice, I think the Canadian Kennel Club should send biscuits with the awards.  Really.  Who do I see about starting that?  Of course - with all the different dietary restrictions of so many dogs, it may be hard to find gluten free organic vegan treats that would work for everyone. 

Rumor has it that our obedience trainer has been after my human to get us back in the competition ring again.  She's a patient woman.  So we have a lesson booked for later this month.  I'll have to go back to my training manuals and look over my notes to see what I have to do.  One thing I know for sure, training sessions equal treats.  LOTS of treats.  And the key is to look puzzled, so the humans break the training exercise down into little steps.  Little steps equal more treats.  I totally have this game figured out.  Those humans THINK they are training us...but of course, it's really the other way around. 

Now excuse me while I go and find a frame for my certificate.  And I start brushing up on my obedience skills.  I know - I know.  It's actually quite an oxymoron - me and and the word obedience in the same sentence.  But miracles DO happen.  

Have a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment