Sunday, April 3, 2016

And then there were two.






It is almost impossible for me to write my blog today...My handsome, big tri-colored brother, my protector, my partner in runaway crime...is gone.  He has gone to that place they call the Rainbow Bridge - where he is meeting Barney, Schubert, Guinness, Beamish and Harper.  And my human is sure her father has a big handful of treats waiting for Pax.

He was not well this past week, and while he was eating, he was very, very weak.  My human took him to the Vet yesterday, hoping they could make him better.  But his test results came back - and the news was not what we had hoped for.  He had an aggressive type of cancer, which is sadly often found in Bernese.  

When you humans are owned by us dogs, you make so many decisions.  What puppy to pick.  What to name us.  What to feed us.  How to train us.  What horrible attire to make us wear.  Where to let us sleep. What Vet to take us to.  And when you humans have to make the ultimate decision, don't ever let it cloud all the wonderful memories you have with us.  Because every decision you make is because you love us.  Every single one...

My human is sad.  Very sad.  And we realize what has happened - so we are sad too. We are behaving very well - we know that out human needs our help - and not our badness right now.  Well.  Maybe not Frodo's badness.  He's not often bad.  But yours truly... that's another story.   But I'm am being very, very good.  She really needs us right now...




2 comments:

  1. We will miss his voice greeting his owner as she returns from a busy day at the office. RIP.

    ReplyDelete