Friday, April 22, 2016

The box....

II

My human had been waiting for the phone call.  From the Vet.  Letting her know a box was ready to be picked up...

It's very hard to go and pick up that box.  It's a very sad reminder....   But the box also contains so many wonderful memories.  In fact,  no one could ever fit all of those memories in a box.  The box would be bigger than a football field...

We are adjusting to our new life...adjusting to being a two-dog household.  Velcro dog and I have worked out the new rules and honestly, we are doing OK.  I even let him sleep on my human's bed with me...

And speaking of the bed...my human found me there the other morning.  I looked all comfy, cozy, lying with my head on her pillow when she emerged from the bathroom after her shower.  But when my human went to make the bed...she found a surprise.  SOMEONE had torn a large HOLE in the pillow cover.  Velcro dog was at the end of the bed - and since yours truly WAS closest to the scene of the crime - you can guess who was blamed.  I suggested a DNA test...

Anyway, spring is really here.  You can feel it in the air.  Although signs of change are all around us -  things are feeling more "settled."  The grass is getting green, and the weeds are emerging.  The trees are budding.  The birds are singing loudly in the morning.  The loons have returned.  And very importantly, Paxton is once again home....

No comments:

Post a Comment