Saturday, April 9, 2016

Haircuts and the soggy bunny


 
Busted.  Beginning another hairstyling session
And so our rather mundane new life continues.  Velcro dog is sticking to my human, the neighbors are on alert for a bear, and yours truly continues to entertain and amaze my human with continual energy and non-stop antics.  My human has realized that I never have “down time.”  My new name should be Busy.  Busy Gumby.  If I’m going out for a walk – I MUST leap up and down in front of the door before it opens.  When I go out the door – I must jump back and forth in front of Velcro dog – barking at him.  He, of course, grumbles at me – but basically ignores me.  As much as one can ignore another canine leaping in front of his face as he walks.  And should my human call me, I must RACE to her, sit for an instant and race off again.  I must NEVER, ever stand still.  I love to dart.  Darting Busy Gumby.  That’s me.



And in the house I must keep equally busy.  Yesterday, my human went to get a haircut.  WHAT a waste of money.  I could have cut her hair in a lovely 70’s style shag haircut.  JUST like Velcro dog’s hair.  EVERY chance I get, I trim his hair.  First I begin by dampening the hair.  And then I gently chew it off.  Unless my human catches me first. She has no appreciation for my skill.  Honestly, I could give a human a BEAUTIFUL trim.  Perhaps while she is asleep…



And in other mundane news, the birds are now eating us out of house and home.  Yes – they have found the feeder and as fast as my human can fill it, they empty it.  And it’s a BIG feeder.  I’m just hoping my human doesn’t default to our dog food if she runs out of bird feed.  And to make matters worse – yesterday when she went to fill the feeder – with a 1000 lb bag of seed, (OK maybe not THAT much – but it was a BIG bag), she slipped, and spilled half the bag.  The feeder is perfect because only little birds can access the feeder.  But the 500 lbs she spilled on the lawn was open buffet for every large bird in a 100 mile radius.  I’m sure there were condors out there.  And we don’t even HAVE condors around here.  And now when my human opens the front door, it is my JOB to chase those big birds.  Remember – I must never stand still.



Today my human is off, so I expect multiple games of fetch and a few rounds of “Find the Bunny.”  I must say…the game isn’t quite the same without the soggy bunny – which would be after Paxton played…  But we think of him when we play, and maybe, in his memory, I’ll drop the bunny in our water bowl so he'll be soggy again.  Really.  It would only be fitting….



Have a great day.



©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment