Wednesday, April 20, 2016

National Look Alike Day. Good onya, mate!



April 20.  National Look Alike Day.  Need I say more.  Personally, I don't think that Velcro dog and I look THAT much alike.  But honestly, I cannot tell you how many humans mistake us for one another.  Seriously.  They must be color blind.  I'm the dashing darker fellow - and Frodo is the older looking distinguished lighter-hair guy.  And of course, he has more coat.  Because I like to TRIM my own legs - JUST the back legs - so it shows off my lighter undercoat.  Truth be told, maybe I'm trying to look MORE like my brother.  And if I continue to trim my dark hair, I will eventually look like him. Sibling jealousy perhaps?

OK.  Here are just a few of the 46 billion photos taken by my human over the last year.  You be the judge.  Alike.  Or not alike.








In other news, the world's oldest dog passed way at age 30.  She was a Kelpie from Australia.  The only problem - Maggie's original paperwork confirming her date of birth was lost - so her record as the oldest dog cannot be officially confirmed.  The oldest dog on record with Guinness is an Australian Cattle dog who lived to 29 years and 5 months.  Seriously - what is it with these Australian dogs?  I'm moving there.  I bet chasing kangaroos would be GREAT fun.... Can you see me now?!

You know, my human read about a 30 year old dog - and sadly wished that all dogs could live that long...And then she realized...even 30 would not be enough....We are never with you long physically....but we are always in your heart.  Forever...

OK.... And speaking of Australia and dogs, Johnny Depp and his wife did a video apology for smuggling their two Yorkshire terriers, Pistol and Boo into the country last April.  Johnny wasn't charged - but his wife was.  She pleaded guilty to falsifying documents and her sentence was a one-month good behavior bond.  Apparently if she breaks the bond, she will be fined a $1000 fine. Wow.  I hope she's careful.  Seems that the sentence was not exactly harsh.  So they kind of won in the end.  Mind you, they would not have won any acting award for the video...

That's it from here.  I have to go now and look at plane fares to Australia.  And I'll be SURE to fill out all the paperwork when I arrive...

©  Linda Wozniak





No comments:

Post a Comment