Sunday, August 21, 2016

A gnawing problem...


We have a gnawing problem here.  Literally and figuratively.  It seems that there are two kinds of chew toys.  Puppy toys and adult dog toys.  And while Jaws is happy to chew on ANYTHING - there are certain puppy toys that Velcro dog and I are NOT supposed to chew.  But of course, we are OBSESSED about getting our teeth on them.  And if left alone with them for more than 1.6 minutes, we will totally annihilate them.  Case in point: a brand new non-toxic, chew toy for Jaws in the shape of a ...hmmmmm....dog that looks like a cross between a bull terrier and a dachshund.   My human took the cardboard info off the little fella - gave it to Jaws, whose attention is .36 seconds and within 1.6 minutes, Velcro dog had somehow already chewed the tail off the critter.  And the top on the hard rubber carrot that is supposed to be perfect for puppies - well - adult dogs can rip those apart too.  

It's truly a dilemma.  If left out for Jaws, we destroy them.  And if not left out, Jaws destroys non-chewable things.  Like carpet.  And give us something that is soft enough for puppies - and hard enough for adult dogs - and nobody likes them.  Tsk. Tsk.

Tomorrow the Hulk returns to his home in the United States.  I'm sure he'll be back - especially if Trump is elected.  But now who will we beg for treats?  397 times a day.  I think I have put on 10lbs since he came to visit.  Good thing my human is still off this week - she can take us on LOTS of walks so we can work off this treat belly.  She could do with some walking herself - but don't say I mentioned it.

I must say, we were all VERY well behaved for my human's birthday.  I even let her groom me - without protesting.  Much.  She was a bit overwhelmed with all the birthday greetings she received from around the globe.  She sure has "met" some great people because of this crazy blog!  Thanks to all to read who about our adventures.  And you know, it was just the other day that she was thinking we never seem to run out of material.   This blog is like an accident on the highway - you don't REALLY want to look for fear that something awful has happened - but at the same time - who can resist?  Plus you get to say "Better them than me!"

Have a great day!!!  You KNOW I will!  And thanks again for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment