Sunday, August 28, 2016

Time will tell



So the saga continues.  We don't know why I am having these seizures - but honestly, they are much worse for my human than they are for me.  This last one lasted less than a minute again, and within 15 minutes I was completely back to my wild self.  I LOOKED rather disheveled - but I felt fine.  My Vet who saw me on Tuesday was not working yesterday - but my human had a consult with another Vet who she quite likes.  The doctor said that she thinks it could be Epilepsy.   But she didn't want to give me medication just yet - given that the seizures were short and I rebounded so quickly.  She said if I have ONE more - they will then consider putting me on something.  She said my blood work was good - and even though my liver enzymes were a bit elevated - it was not at a significant level.

My human asked what to do IF I have another one today - as the Vet is closed and it would mean a visit to the Emergency Clinic.  The Vet said I did not need to go - UNLESS the seizure lasted longer - or I had seizures occurring VERY frequently - like every hour.  And no medication for me yet.  I just wanted to know if she could give my HUMAN some medication to reduce HER stress.  

I've received so many good wishes and positive thoughts - I KNOW things will work out.  Thank you for thinking of me.  There are lots of theories as to why these may be happening.  It doesn't SEEM that it was related to the antibiotic medication - as we had initially thought.  But who knows?  Time will tell.

On a brighter note - Jaws has been introduced to the DFZ by way of Velcro dog.  As you may recall, the DFZ (Dog-Free Zone) status had changed in recent months as Frodo and I knew how to behave in there.  But with the arrival of Jaws - the status has been reintroduced.  There are WAY too many cool things in there to chew on - so it's off limits to puppy teeth.  But yesterday, while my human was helping me to look a bit less disheveled by brushing me, Velcro dog opened the gate to the DFZ and went in with his sidekick.  My human nearly passed out when she found them in there.  Jaws was just wandering around and checking things out - he wasn't in there long enough to sample the rugs or furniture.  Next time...

Paws crossed I have a good day - AND a sleep-filled night like I did yesterday.  Ditto for my human...

And I hope YOU have a good one too!






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update and let's hope Sunday is uneventful at your place! Take care ! I'll be thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victor, we are all sending you positive energy, you have such a great outlook, hang in there big guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor, we are all sending you positive energy, you have such a great outlook, hang in there big guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Viktor -try not to stress. You have had a lot of new things enter your life and that might be setting off your seizures. You might ask for an MRI to see if that Ids anything. Good luck young man.

    ReplyDelete