Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Energy

I

So here's a question - how does one BEGIN to tire out a Picard puppy?  I thought I had energy - I'm like a sloth compared to this guy.  You can take him for a 15 minute walk, play ball with him, take him out for 16 pee breaks and he is STILL raring to go.

My human has learned that if our household is quiet, it is quite likely one of us is getting in trouble.  Lately,  Jaws has been leading the way.  If he is silent, it means he has discovered something - and is probably chewing it.  Like the dining room carpet.  There are an assortment of chew toys spread throughout the house - and many under the dining room table.  And after a long morning walk, we all hang out under the table.  And if suddenly Jaws stops chewing a toy - you can bet he is chewing the carpet.  At first my human thought that he was the first dog to have such a carpet obsession.  And then she recalled that the reason she has this current oval shaped carpet was because we PONs (and one Berner) had chewed the corners on the last carpet.  It only takes SECONDS for us to work our fabric artistry.

One of the things I really love about Jaws is that he is a master at deflecting attention.  Which allows ME to move in and do things.  Like steal food.  For example, when he went wandering into the bedroom and was gone for a long time (16 seconds), my human went to see what he was up to - leaving her English Muffin on the counter.  I ALMOST had it - if it had only been a bit closer to the edge of the counter.

Jaws and Velcro dog have become really good buddies.  Velcro dog barks at Jaws when he pulls his ears or his tail, but they really are getting along great.  Jaws will follow him and lie down next to him.  I'm STILL not sure around him.  One minute I think I'll play with him and then I scowl and walk away.  This adjustment is taking some time.  But I'll get there.  Especially if he keeps deflecting attention...I really like that about him!

Time to see what he is up to now!

No comments:

Post a Comment